Read our 2017/2018 Annual Report
We are pleased to present our 2017/2018 Annual Report – with sections including:
- a joint message from our CEO and our Board Chair on our activities, outcomes, and successes.
- our financials for the fiscal year from April 1 2017 to March 31 2018.
- and 4 stories from each of our program areas – Seniors’ Services, Community Development, Housing Services, and Developmental Services, Each story highlights the positive impacts our work has on the people we support.
- And finally, for those who aren’t familiar with what we do and where we service, our new infographic will help you visualize our scope and reach.
Please enjoy! Mills Community Support Annual Report 2017-2018
Summertime – and the living is easy with Mills Community Support!
– check out the summer edition of our On the Home Front newsletter
In there, you can read informative articles – such as Eat.Play.Make Friends – you can do it all at the Country Street Centre – find out about the great new FREE programs and services at the Mississippi Mills Public Library, meet our Seniors’ Services team, find news about our comings and goings, and get the scoop on our schedule of activities, dining events and trips.
And speaking of outings, you won’t want to miss:
- the latest “Retired….Not Expired” outings on June 27, July 25 and August 29
- our annual outing to the spectacular RCMP Musical Ride on Thursday, June 28
- Canada Day festivities in Pakenham
- and trips to up the Valley and down and around, including Wilno, White Lake, Kingston and the Thousand Islands, Merrickville, St. Albert’s (say CHEESE!), and Westport
Our summer outings are popular,
so call our Home Support office early to book: 613 256 4700
Mills Community Support shout-out in Harrowsmith magazine
A wonderful article about community gardening and our local Neighbourhood Tomato Community gardeners has just appeared in the spring edition of Harrowsmith magazine – with a great reference to the impact we’ve had by encouraging the growth (pun very much intended) of community gardening. We’ve received a copy of the article from its author, just for you to read (read it in glorious colour in Harrowsmith):
Fitness Instructors: ongoing recruitment
Our Mills Community Support group fitness instructors share a goal:
to keep adults (55+) in our communities happy, healthy, active and connected.
We are currently seeking additional freelance certified group fitness instructors to join our Health and Wellness team and deliver adult fitness classes in Mississippi Mills and Carleton Place. If you are passionate about older adults’ fitness, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org