Notice of our Annual General Meeting
Volunteers, members* and partners as well as members of the community are invited to attend our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2018, at the Almonte Civitan Hall, 500 Almonte Street, in Almonte. 6:30pm Refreshments, 7pm Meeting.
For further information, please contact Lisa Ryan, at email@example.com
Summertime – and the living is easy with Mills Community Support!
– check out the summer edition of our On the Home Front newsletter
In there, you can read informative articles – such as Eat.Play.Make Friends – you can do it all at the Country Street Centre – find out about the great new FREE programs and services at the Mississippi Mills Public Library, meet our Seniors’ Services team, find news about our comings and goings, and get the scoop on our schedule of activities, dining events and trips.
And speaking of outings, you won’t want to miss:
- a trip on Tuesday, June 12th to visit the historic Watson’s Mills in Manotick
- a theatre evening on Friday June 22nd to see a Norm Foster play at Smiths Falls Station Theater, with supper out.
- the latest “Retired….Not Expired” outings on June 27, July 25 and August 29
- our annual outing to the spectacular RCMP Musical Ride on Thursday, June 28
- Canada Day festivities in Pakenham
- and trips to up the Valley and down and around, including Wilno, White Lake, Kingston and the Thousand Islands, Merrickville, St. Albert’s (say CHEESE!), and Westport
Our summer outings are popular,
so call our Home Support office early to book: 613 256 4700
Mills Community Support shout-out in Harrowsmith magazine
A wonderful article about community gardening and our local Neighbourhood Tomato Community gardeners has just appeared in the spring edition of Harrowsmith magazine – with a great reference to the impact we’ve had by encouraging the growth (pun very much intended) of community gardening. We’ve received a copy of the article from its author, just for you to read (read it in glorious colour in Harrowsmith):
Fitness Instructors: ongoing recruitment
Our Mills Community Support group fitness instructors share a goal:
to keep adults (55+) in our communities happy, healthy, active and connected.
We are currently seeking additional freelance certified group fitness instructors to join our Health and Wellness team and deliver adult fitness classes in Mississippi Mills and Carleton Place. If you are passionate about older adults’ fitness, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org